Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. Working as an Account Manager, you will be an important part of our team, and will have the opportunity to telecommute or work from our office located close to Tyson’s Corner. Either way, the result is the same – a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future. At Production Solutions, we work hard, we enjoy what we do, and still maintain a good work-life integration.
Working on multiple projects from start to finish, you will expertly manage the specific needs of your clients averting preventable issues, problem solving and navigating through potential minefields with efficiency and ease. Our environment is fast-paced with frequently changing priorities and deadlines. Each new project will increase your familiarity with the client’s business and enable you to fully address their needs. In return, your clients will rely on your depth of knowledge and will look to you to manage the full cycle of future engagements as they trust your expertise. Working both independently and with a team of colleagues, you will be afforded the tools and resources necessary to succeed.
We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry-standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At Production Solutions, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and even more excited about our future.
- Point of contact for clients; producing client satisfaction and retention using responsiveness and ease of process.
- Manage production efforts and facilitate direct mail campaigns from inception to mailing and delivery in an organized and detail-oriented manner, ultimately producing the finished products to match the client’s source documentation and information.Follow core compliance SOP’s and QC procedures; utilize checklists and other company service processes, activities and operational systems.
- Ensure all client requirements are understood and translated into measurable and effective communication to all necessary end-users.
- Conduct competitive bidding, procurement, price negotiations, and budgeting.
- Interpret and review client’s mailplan and source documents to write data processing specifications, personalization, and mailshop instructions.
- Manage project schedules and meet deadlines: set, synchronize and drive schedules in cooperation with the client, internal team and external suppliers.
- Perform multistage QC procedures, including print proofs, press approvals, data processing, editing, and additional value-added checking (fact-checking).
- Manage artwork, work orders, proofs, change orders and obtain approvals. Accurately and quickly update all documents, departments, vendors, suppliers, and client throughout the project.
- Monitor mailing progress through proprietary metrics and USPS contacts for applicable clients.
- Analyze print, data and mailing for efficiency and to reduce costs; negotiate lower prices through gang or program pricing, cost savings recommendations and ongoing discussions with suppliers and internal departments.
- Liaison with management, internal departments, and vendors/suppliers to troubleshoot problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Conduct multiphase billing; coordinate cost documentation, invoicing, and postage reconciliation for accurate final billing.
- Cross-train on other client accounts for team members on leave of absence or vacation.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in the direct mail industry including printing/mailing industry terminology.· Experience providing production management and customer service to multiple clients.
- Proven record of working independently and efficiently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and outside partners/vendors.
- Available when necessary to work outside of normal business hours.
- Proficient use of a database system.
- Excellent proofing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with pricing, proposals, billing, and postage reconciliations.
- Working knowledge of printing methods, data processing, personalization, and mail shop operations.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Our training is second to none. We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training and learning programs.
- You will have the option to work from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia or telecommuting from the comfort of your own home.
- You’ll own your accounts and projects from start to finish with the resources available to help you succeed.
- This is a challenging, rewarding role with potential for upward mobility and professional growth.
- This is an environment that values and takes care of its staff. You will have a voice and your ideas will be encouraged.
- We want you to succeed. You’ll have lots of support – we work in close-knit teams where everyone will pitch in and help each other.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to email@example.com with “PS – Account Manager / 2019-06” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment