If you’re familiar with Production Solutions, you’ll recognize us as industry leaders offering unmatched, high quality service to our clients. Over many years, Production Solutions has forged a reputation for expertise which has enabled us to strengthen and evolve. We’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
Since opening our doors in 1990, we’ve come a long way. As we matured and grew, we listened, we learned and we changed. Our staff is our priority and we’re committed to providing an environment of professional development, mentorship and support; an environment that provides upward mobility, gold standard training through our very own Production Solutions University, and an opportunity to telecommute.
As an Account Manager, you will deal with projects from start to finish. You will expertly manage the specific needs of your clients, avert preventable issues, and smoothly navigate through minefields. Each new project increases your knowledge about the client’s business and enables you to fully address their needs. In return, your clients will appreciate your service and confidently look to you to manage the full cycle of future engagements as they trust your knowledge and expertise.
Working both independently and with a team of colleagues, you will manage multiple projects and be afforded the tools and resources necessary to succeed. Our environment is fast paced with frequently changing priorities and deadlines. We work hard, we enjoy what we do, and we maintain a work-life balance. Whether you choose to work at our office close to Tysons Corner or telecommute, the result is the same – a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares.
Production Solutions is an expert in direct mail production management. We are unique with a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings.
- Manage production efforts and facilitate direct mail campaigns from preliminary art to mailing and delivery in an organized and detail-oriented manner, ultimately producing the finished products to match the client’s source documentation and information.
- Follow core compliance SOP’s and QC procedures; utilize checklists and other company service processes, activities, and operational systems.
- Ensure all client requirements are understood and translated into measurable and effective communication to all necessary end-users.
- Conduct competitive bidding, procurement, price negotiations, and budgeting.
- Interpret and review client’s mailplan and source documents to write data processing specifications, personalization, and mailshop instructions.
- Manage project schedules and meet deadlines: set, synchronize, and drive schedules in cooperation with client, internal team, and external suppliers.
- Perform multistage QC procedures, including print proofs, press approvals, data processing, editing, and additional value-added checking (fact checking).
- Manage artwork, work orders, proofs, and change orders; obtain approvals. Accurately and quickly update all documents, departments, vendors, suppliers, and the client throughout project.
- Monitor the mailing progress through proprietary metrics and USPS contacts for applicable clients.
- Analyze print, data, and mailing for efficiency and cost reduction; negotiate lower prices through gang or program pricing, cost savings recommendations, and ongoing discussions with suppliers and internal departments.
- Liaise with management, internal departments, and vendors/suppliers to troubleshoot problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Conduct multiphase billing; coordinate cost documentation, invoicing, and postage reconciliation for accurate final billing.
- Cross-train on other client accounts for team members on leave of absence or vacation. Setup and manage job jackets (physical and digital), print samples, package samples, and inventory reconciliations.
Experience and Requirements
- Experience in the direct mail industry.
- Experience providing production management and customer service to multiple clients.
- Proven record of working independently and efficiently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and outside partners/vendors.
- Available when necessary to work outside of normal business hours.
- Proficient use of a database system.
- Excellent proofing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with pricing, proposals, billing, and postage reconciliations.
- A working knowledge of printing methods, data processing, personalization, and mail shop operations.
- An understanding of direct marketing and printing/mailing industry terminology.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Our training program is second to none. We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training programs.
- You will have the option to work from our offices in the well located Tyson’s Corner area of Virginia, or by telecommuting from the comfort of your own home.
- You’ll own your accounts and projects from start to finish with the resources available to help you succeed.
- This is a challenging, rewarding leadership role with potential for upward mobility and professional growth.
- Both you and your work are valued.
- We want you to succeed. You’ll have lots of support – we work in close-knit teams where everyone will pitch in and help each other.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision insurance plans (coverage starts the first day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, paid holidays, 10 days annual accrued vacation (for first two years; begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 sick days, 2 personal days, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max.) and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
To apply for the Account Manager position at Production Solutions:
Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Solutions – Account Manager / 2016 – 2049” in the subject line of the email.