Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. With a Staff of 100 dedicated employees, we believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and hustling for our clients as well as for each other are what we love to do.
Working on multiple projects, we will look to you to be a mentor and provide leadership to a team of 13 direct reports. You will contribute recommendations to our strategic planning, compile action plans and assist in the completion of audits. In this hands-on role, you will lead payroll, AR and AP functions as well as billing, monthly reporting, bank reconciliations and client/customer accounts. At Production Solutions, we operate in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities. We need you to be flexible and willing to change direction at any time while providing exceptional guidance and support to your team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with finely honed problem solving and analytical skills who is looking for a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
- Operational Objectives: Achieve accounting operational objectives by: contributing recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and compiling action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; resolving problems; assisting in completing audits; identifying trends and implementing change; preparing departmental briefings and attending Operations Improvement Team meetings.
- Lead and Manage: Provide leadership, management, skill training, and professional development to Direct Reports (A/R, A/P, and Billing Department staff). Manage staff workload, coordinate and review direct reports’ work for accuracy and timeliness.
- Engage & Train: Assure high engagement and proper utilization of staff, maintaining low turnover with morale boosters, positive /constructive feedback, and appropriate training for all skill levels. Determine what motivates each direct report to perform at their best; provide morale boosters and positive, constructive feedback (informally and formally through performance evaluations) to strengthen employee engagement.
- Staffing & Performance: Work with HR Director to interview, hire, oversee training, conduct performance reviews, disciplinary actions and employment terminations for direct reports.
- Payroll: Process bi-weekly payroll to include payroll taxes, 401K contributions, child support payments, merit increases, and severance.
- Accounts Receivable: Manage Accounts Receivable functions; review incoming payments and postage checks; manage A/R Collections and provide updates to CFO and Director of Finance.
- Accounts Payable: Manage Accounts Payable functions to include review and approval of A/P transaction reports, employee expense reports, overhead invoices, weekly Cash Requirements Report, and monthly AMEX and VISA statements (with accurate coding and backup documentation).
- Billing: Manage Billing functions and ProSIS changes related to all suppliers and clients, including new suppliers and clients’ approvals, working with the Director of Accounting for final approval. Manage the ProSIS processing of commission rate allocations and quarterly reporting of Negative VA notations. Review production schedule in ProSIS; monitor all billing phases; contact production staff if phase is not on schedule; request update on the submittal date as needed. Communicate timely and effectively with production staff to ensure deadlines are met for unbilled jobs that also meet client year-end closing schedules.
- Monthly Reporting: Prepare and distribute month-end reports to include the BillStat Report, Sales, Cost and VA Comparison Reports, Expense Exceptions Report, Production Errors Report, Fixed Asset Schedules and other reports as deemed necessary. Prepare as well as review journal entries; approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations (prepared by Accounting staff).
- Bank Account Reconciliations: Review bank account activity daily including Line of Credit activity; process bank account transfers for funding. Responsible for the preparation and reconciliation of most operating bank accounts monthly.
- Client/Customer Accounts: Review potential new client information to ensure timely processing of credit for approval and then set up in ProSIS and MAS100; maintain accurate customer account information in MAS100 and update with ProSIS.
- Prepare Monthly Expense Exceptions (5200-00) Report, and Monthly ProSIS Statics of Phases and Supplier Invoices processed for Director of Accounting.
- Regularly attend director and summit meetings.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide Production Department staff by researching client invoice processing issues.
- Foster a culture of excellence and ensure continuous improvement through best practices and industry experience.
- Attend industry and client events as company representative.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and/or coursework in to ensure highest level of industry and accounting/finance knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor or Associates degree in accounting or business management; 4 years’ accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite).
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must work onsite in a fast-paced environment during office hours.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training and learning programs.
- Our offices are in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- Opportunity for professional growth.
- We are financially stable and growing
- Your voice will be heard. At Production Solutions, our staff is our priority, we listen and encourage suggestions and feedback.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment