Accounts Receivable Specialist
Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. With a staff of 100 dedicated employees, we believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and hustling for our clients as well as for each other is what we love to do.
At Production Solutions, we operate in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities. We need you to be flexible, collaborative, and use strong customer service skills while working in a team environment. Using discretion while working with confidential information, you will be responsible for the final review and processing of client invoices, allocating payments received, and monthly reconciliation of bank and GL accounts.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with strong problem solving and attention to detail skills. What we offer is a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
- Review, finalize, and distribute Production Solutions client billings and postage reconciliations daily.
- Follow up with the billing team to resolve any client invoice or postage reconciliation discrepancies.
- Maintain and update client SOP instructions in ProSIS.
- Update billing status as applicable when finalizing jobs.
- Prepare and update postage summaries with cash receipts and disbursements.
- Process check deposits via remote scanner and ensure checks are secured accordingly.
- Identify incoming electronic payments and record postage deposits into ProSIS.
- Record in Sage 100 cash receipts for check and electronic deposits.
- Process bank transfers for client deposit and record these transfers in General Ledger.
- Distribute weekly and biweekly AR aging reports to clients.
- Assist with monthly AR reconciliation of the Billstat to the General Ledger.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in accounting or business management; minimum 3 years prior accounting/finance experience in a business setting with exposure to financial and confidential duties; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced-level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must work onsite in a fast-paced environment during office hours.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training and learning programs.
- Our offices are in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- Opportunity for professional growth.
- We are financially stable and growing
- Your voice will be heard. At Production Solutions, our staff is our priority, we listen and encourage suggestions and feedback.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of the third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, a day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment