In this newly created role, you will report to our Director of IT and work within a small team, developing, maintaining and adding new features to an existing management proprietary web application. Using your analytical and technical skills, the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, relational databases, and web application development, you will understand and address our customer needs and expectations and create new applications and offerings that provide cutting edge solutions. This position requires excellent customer service skills and technical knowhow as you work with internal customers, answering questions and providing creative solutions that help move a project forward.
Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, understand, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and hustling for our clients as well as for each other is what we love to do. Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, you can work from our office or embrace our strong, collaborative, telecommuting culture. Either way, the result is the same – a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a small team of developers supporting and adding new features to an existing management proprietary web application.
- Interact daily with final users, run tests, troubleshoot, find creative solutions.
- Full Stack development including backend in C#, front end in JQuery and Database in SQL Server.
- Work with Agile Methodologies and Azure DevOps.
- Ability to learn new tools easily.
Role-Specific Expectations and Attributes
- Demonstrate professionalism both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrate and evangelize core IT principles
- Committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaborate across teams to help make effective decisions
- Foster environment where teammates have an equal opportunity to contribute ideas and approaches
- Comfortable receiving feedback regularly
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and upbeat attitude, friendly and approachable
Skills and Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented principles, the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, relational databases, and web application development.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Computer Related Field.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with .Net Core.
- Experience with NHibernate.
- Experience with Azure.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff; we believe our staff is our most valuable asset.
- You can work remotely or from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- We were founded in 1986 and are financially strong and growing.
- Production Solutions has creative, innovative leaders who are pushing the company to continue its path of growth.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.