Billing Specialist and Accounting Technology Liaison
Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, understand, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and hustling for our clients as well as for each other is what we love to do. Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, you can work from our office or depending upon office needs, embrace our strong, collaborative, telecommuting culture. What we offer is a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
Billing Specialist and Accounting Technology Liaison
As a Billing Specialist and Accounting Technology Liaison, you will report to, and work closely with our Director of Billing. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will use your demonstrated ability to effectively maneuver and prioritize multiple tasks and demands, and use expert judgment on when to seek assistance. You will prepare final billing for the completed work of all assigned entities of LA Associates, related postage reconciliations, and client package costs. Attention to detail and strong customer service is essential, together with robust analytical and problem-solving skills as you work with internal and external customers, answering questions and providing solutions that help to keep our projects moving forward.
As Accounting Technology Liaison, you will be tasked with keeping up-to-date with business technology improvements and focusing on meaningful ways to implement current technology to aid and improve the billing process. Your ‘growth mindset’ and ‘big picture’ vision will allow you to analyze billing conceptually on both a macro and micro level to facilitate growth within the department. Working in an environment with fast-changing technology, you will use your ability to quickly learn and improve proprietary billing software. This is an outstanding opportunity to work closely with, and support our Billing Director, to be innovative, and to use initiative and drive and a desire to constantly expand your knowledge while providing solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process electronic submissions of client jobs from proprietary software. Gather all pertinent documents related to billing the job. (i.e., job detail, invoice detail, signed ATP, copies of postal certification, and acknowledgment from Production team which includes postage due and client notifications)
- Process Bid2Print invoice through Sage 100 and post the sales journal to the GL.
- Reconcile payables with work orders, reconcile income to the ATP.
- Reconcile and prepare postage reports; i.e., unbilled postage summary, and postal certifications with client postage reconciliation.
- Reconcile and prepare package costs with accurate analysis of per piece costs of multi-job mailings.
- Prepare billing checklist when needed and submit billed jobs to Accounts Receivable for final review and mailing.
- Submit to Accounts Payable for review and processing.
- Timely and accurate preparation of invoices, postage reconciliations, and client costs.
- Timely and effective reconciliation between ProSIS, Sage 100, Billing status.
- Implementation of accounting policies and procedures that ensure appropriate financial and management reporting.
- Cross-train in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Utilize knowledge regarding modern technology to generate new, effective billing practices
- Aid in the progression of the Billing Department to provide improvement in inefficiencies
for both the client and the Company.
Qualifications of the Billing Specialist
- Two years of successful experience in billing or demonstrated mathematical capability
- Experience with spreadsheet software
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel): demonstrated ability to learn new software
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Detail-oriented. You see the big picture and understand how the details relate to each other.
- Problem Solving. You have exceptional problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Flexible and capable. You manage to change priorities without difficulty and get the job done.
- Service-driven. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are responsive and committed.
- Organizational skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Team player. You work as an integral part of a team. You are willing to listen to and respect other points of view. You collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Ownership. You succeed in a team environment but can work well independently, you carry your weight, learning from others and contributing in equal measure.
- Confident and pleasant. You understand that everyone is a customer and you have experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Communication. You are comfortable working with every level of staff and both internal and external clients.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff; we believe our staff is our most valuable asset.
- We offer telecommuting options when possible or you can work from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- This is a great opportunity for someone interested in both accounting and technology and finding more efficient ways of operating.
- We were founded in 1986 and are financially strong and growing.
- Production Solutions has creative, innovative leaders who are pushing the company to continue its path of growth.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.