Cash Applications Specialist
As Cash Applications Specialist, you will be an essential part of our accounting team and report to the Accounting Manager. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for processing and maintaining accurate cash transactions and payment processing, ensuring accurate resolutions and timely reporting. Working in Sage, you will process cash receipts daily. You will also use our proprietory software ProSIS for entering postage deposits.
Our highly experienced Director of Accounting leads our team of fifteen, and we are committed to providing excellence for both internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will collaborate with team members and use initiative to solve problems while expanding your knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all bank activity daily and record transactions
- Process Cash Receipts in Sage for all deposits daily
- Enter postage deposits in ProSIS throughout the day
- Process postage ACH payments to mailshops.
- Process and record internal transfers between checking and money market postage accounts, as needed.
- Review bank account activity weekly and compare to GL
- Process monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts
- Process and distribute daily Cash Projections Report
- Process and distribute daily Cash Report for Moore Group, CFO, and Director of Accounting
- Process and distribute Cash Flow and Cash Overview Report to Director of Accounting
- Maintain Temp Loan Account activity and reporting to Director of Accounting
- Maintain AR Other transactions and monthly reconciliations
- Process month-end Sales Tax reclass, filings and payments.
- Maintains Client Prepayment Schedule
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues.
- Assist accounting team with monthly closing reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in accounting or business management; 2-4 years accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Beginner to intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Strong customer service skills can work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must work in a fast-paced environment during office hours (both in the office and when working from home).
- Detail-oriented. You see the big picture and understand how the details relate to each other.
- Problem Solving. You have exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Flexible and capable. You manage to change priorities without difficulty and get the job done.
- Service-driven. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are responsive and committed.
- Organizational skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Team player. You work as an integral part of a team. You are willing to listen to and respect other points of view. You collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- You succeed in a team environment but can work well independently; you carry your weight, learning from others, and contributing in equal measure.
- Confident and pleasant. You understand that everyone is a customer, and you have experience working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- You are comfortable working with every level of staff and both internal and external clients.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff; we believe our staff is our most valuable asset.
- When possible, we offer telecommuting options, or you can work from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- We were founded in 1986 and are financially strong and growing.
- Production Solutions has creative, innovative leaders who are pushing the Company to continue its path of growth.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: complete major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), as well as life insurance, AD&D, and short-term disability coverage paid by the employer. We also offer additional voluntary life insurance and voluntary long-term disability. Your PTO (Personal Time Off) starts with 15 days and five sick days allowance and 11 paid holidays. Optional benefit flex-spending account (medical and dependent care), a 401(k) plan, cell phone ($50 max/month), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs or towards the purchase of exercise equipment or exercise classes with receipts).
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.
Productions Solutions is a subsidiary of LA Associates Inc. Both companies are members of the Moore Enterprise.