GL Specialist/ 2019-03
The GL Specialist is responsible for processing and reporting various General Ledger Accounts; processing journal entries, processing various postage related transactions, serves as a back-up for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions and works closely with the Accounting Supervisor.
Production Solutions (PS) is the industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At Production Solutions, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
- Process routine postage escrow audits of bank and GL transactions.
- Receive all incoming Postage checks and process in ProSIS.
- Process postage escrow account reconciliations.
- Process and distribute all monthly Client Postage Escrow Reports
- Process daily postage ACH payments to mailshops
- Process weekly postage bank transfers and records transactions to General Ledger
- Process supplier postage due invoices for payment
- Process month end Journal Entries as assigned.
- Maintain Fixed Assets schedules.
- Assist Production Staff with Accounting related questions and concerns
- Set up and maintain all supplier and client account information in Sage
- Process weekly Work-In-Progress Report and provide Billing Director with completion date changes.
- Provides support and coverage for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The G/L Specialist must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. As a representative of the company, the G/L Specialist should conduct themselves in a professional manner at company/industry affiliated functions. Must be dependable, reporting to work at the scheduled time and seldom absent from work. The G/L Specialist can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner, and is conscientious about assignments. Must be able to work effectively and relates well with others including managers, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in accounting or business management; 5 – 7 years accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, fax machines, and copiers. Must be proficient in Excel.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must work onsite in a fast-paced environment during office hours.
- Must be flexible to telecommute when the office is closed in accordance with our inclement weather policy, and as needed.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization.
- You will be mentored by top-level individuals who will value your opinion and collaborate on strategic decisions.
- You will be a part of an entrepreneurial team and afforded autonomy.
- This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, deadline-driven, optimistic, and flexible individual.
- You’ll work at a great location in Tysons Corner, close to the Tysons Corner Center shopping mall.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to see, hear and project voice well enough without amplification.
- There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, to stoop, kneel, crouch and to ascend and descend stairs.
- This position requires a high energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis.
- High pressure fast paced environment with significant disruption.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision insurance plans (coverage starts the first day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, paid holidays, 10 days annual accrued vacation (for first two years; begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 sick days, 2 personal days, 1 day off for Birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PS – G/L Specialist / 2019” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.