IT Manager, Operations and Infrastructure
In this newly created role, you will work closely with our Director of IT to ensure integrity, availability, and scalability for all our IT Infrastructure and Operations by leveraging insourced, outsourced, and vendor provided technical capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to help Production Solutions expand the development and execution of our enterprise wide IT strategy, ensuring its alignment with our business plan, thereby delivering the capabilities required to achieve success. You will support the current infrastructure as well as develop and deploy new, cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the organization ensuring alignment with our business strategy, vision and goals. You will proactively manage hardware and software vendors and lead our internal team to implement IT system initiatives. Success in this role will require effective staff management skills as you operate within our engaging, inclusive culture.
Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, understand, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and hustling for our clients as well as for each other is what we love to do. Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, you can work from our office or embrace our strong, collaborative, telecommuting culture. Either way, the result is the same – a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that is driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee outsourced MSP vendor(s), to ensure success and ROI
- Manage of service desk performance, and prepare and deliver KPI reporting
- Coordinate incident escalations (Tier 3 and above, and for VIPs)
- Manage and document network, server, and workstation configuration baselines
- Own and maintain IT infrastructure and network documentation
- Lead IT infrastructure and operations focused change management process
- Manage hardware and software inventory, lifecycle, and upgrades
- Manage IT vendor and contract lifecycle
- Develop and deliver end user training program
- Contribute to (IT Director led) continuous improvement program
- Manage IT systems throughout the organization
- Proven understanding of operating system support requirements
- Understand common platforms including Server 2012 R2 / 2016, IIS, SQL, and Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.).
- Proactively manage hardware and software vendors and lead internal team to implement IT system initiatives
- Oversee the design, development, and installation of enhancements and upgrades systems and application software
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing concepts with an emphasis on Microsoft 365 and Azure
Team Leadership and Attributes
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrate and evangelize core IT principles
- Committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaborate across teams to help make effective decisions
- Foster environment where teammates have an equal opportunity to contribute ideas and approaches
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback on a regular basis
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and upbeat attitude, friendly and approachable
Strategy & Planning
- Maintain knowledge of company’s strategic business plans
- Participate in operational governance processes of IT
- Recommend goals, objectives, and operating procedures for the team
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing,
- purchasing, and in-house development
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments
- Make recommendations regarding timelines and implementation approaches
- Implement work processes to improve operating efficiencies
- Provide valuable input on process improvements
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of IT Management experience with IT service / product companies
- Experience managing hardware and software vendors and implementing on-prem and cloud-based systems
- Excellent understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Information Technology
- Experience in planning, organization and professional development of direct reports
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably MS Azure. Stays current on emerging technologies and trends in the field
- Comprehensive understanding of change management process and controls
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff; we believe our staff are our most valuable asset.
- You can work remotely or from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia.
- We were founded in 1986 and are financially strong and growing.
- Production Solutions has creative, innovative leadership who are pushing the company to continue their path of growth.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to email@example.com with “PS – IT Manager, Operations and Infrastructure / 2019-10 in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.