IT Network Administrator
In this newly created position as Network Administrator, reporting to the Director of IT, you will be responsible for maintaining computer networks and systems that serve over 100 staff. You will oversee and perform maintenance to ensure the systems operate at full capacity, and assist in the network design and implementation and identify and solve any issues that arise. Working either remotely or from our conveniently located offices close to Tyson’s Corner, you will collaborate across teams working with all staff levels inside and outside the organization.
Success in this role requires a strong understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to administer and troubleshoot network devices.
Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. With a staff of over 100 dedicated employees, we believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful; solving problems and hustling for our clients, and each other is what we love to do.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking for a challenging and rewarding career, with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team driving the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
- Assist in network design and implementation.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Install and configure computer network equipment.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Provide network support to users.
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and backup.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Create and maintain network users/permissions.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
- Assess a company or organization’s network and computer system needs.
- Install hardware and software.
- Make upgrades and repairs as needed.
- Perform maintenance that all systems are operating.
- Collect and analyze data to optimize performance.
- Onboard users to network.
- Train users on hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot problems with the system.
- Oversee local area network and wide area network.
Qualifications & Experience
Must have and preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or related field of study required.
- 7+ years’ experience in a network administration role with a strong understanding of
computer network infrastructure.
- Windows 10 experience.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
- Previous experience with VMWare vSphere ESXi 6.5 or 6.7.
- Active Directory and Group Policy experience.
- Office applications and Office 365 experience required.
- MS Azure (or cloud IaaS / Saas / PaaS) experience preferred.
- SQL Server experience required. (SQL Server 2016 is preferred)
- IIS 8, 9, 10 experience required.
- Previous experience with Dell switches, servers, and SAN’s required.
- Previous experience with WatchGuard firewalls and Cisco Meraki preferred.
- Veeam Backup experience preferred.
- RDSH implementation and support experience required.
- Mimecast experience a plus.
- RingCentral experience a plus.
- MCSE certification a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts.
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures.
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency with scripting languages.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of IT staff inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Experience with local area network and wide area network administration.
Essential Knowledge and Attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate both internally and externally in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Demonstrate and evangelize core IT principles.
- Collaborate across teams to help make effective decisions.
- Comfortable receiving feedback regularly.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and upbeat attitude, friendly and approachable.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training and learning programs.
- Our offices are in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia and we offer telecommuting options.
- We are financially stable and growing.
- Your voice will be heard. At Production Solutions, our staff is our priority; we listen and encourage suggestions and feedback.
- In this role, you will learn from a dedicated team and a highly knowledgeable Director.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, ten days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at the beginning of the third year), option to carry five vacation days over per calendar year, eight days sick allowance, two personal days, a day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates, and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment