Sourcing Manager/ 2019-03
This individual plays a key role in building competitive solutions for new and existing client direct mail production proposals as well as researching innovative formats and new test package ideas. They also act as an internal resource for operations topics such as supplier management, commodity tracking and postal affairs.
Must be able to move swiftly and manage multiple projects. This candidate should be good under pressure and be a Strategic Player on the team, with a “big picture” mentality who owns their value in the overall company mission.
- Produce Budgets and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Business Development and Production for both prospective and existing client Direct Mail programs. Receive and Vet Requests, Review Supplier Capabilities and Gather Pricing, Prepare Sourcing Strategies and pass off to Production at the execution level. Proactively identify and present additional production solutions on economic formats to drive cost efficiencies.
- Lead key projects in an effort to support organizational KPI’s and initiatives.
- Research innovative formats and new/test package ideas for Production, Client Strategy and Business Development teams. Work closely with suppliers and internal teams to bring creative formats and solutions to the table that are production-ready.
- Serve as a resource on Supplier Viability Management, Postal Affairs and Mail Tracking topics.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Production on package design and sourcing strategies. Partner with these teams on resolutions around print quality, pricing and scheduling.
- Research and help qualify new vendors to fill capacity needs, discover innovative formats, new package designs and production capabilities. Assist with new vendor on-boarding which includes kick-off meetings and pricing confirmations.
- Train new Production Account Management Staff when they first join our organization.
- Monitor industry market and commodity pricing.
- Support proprietary bidding program operations and functions.
- Support internal communications from the Resource Team. Manage the Resource documents on Common Locations (Public Folders and Intranet).
- Research target markets, emerging markets, industry news and opportunities that relate to the direct mail industry and fit our Company type.
- If needed, assist with Production press approvals – following established QCs and SOPs.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and/or coursework in Direct Mail/Marketing/Production/Postal Topics to ensure highest level of industry knowledge.
- Attend internal meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (business, marketing, communications, graphic arts, print production management); minimum 4-7 years prior client-based experience in direct mail/marketing industry with a comprehensive understanding of the printing and mailshop industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Minimum 3 years prior estimating and/or bidding experience.
- Working knowledge of USPS regulations for direct mail products and services strongly preferred. Knowledge of postal logistics and consolidation methods a plus.
- Excellent writing skills; prior experience in responding to quote requests and creating RFPs.
- Working knowledge of direct mail fundraising concepts and production terminology.
- Working knowledge in design, composition, print art, and digital art, preferred.
- Working knowledge in printing methods, data processing, personalization, mail shop operations and equipment.
- Thorough computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, , and copiers.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and data manipulation software used by clients and suppliers, preferred but not required.
- Superior customer/client service and vendor relations skills with focus on tact, diplomacy and rapport building.
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Strong people skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Excellent project planning and problem solving skills; ability to set milestones and administer action plan.
- Excellent presentation skill for both internal and external appearances during meetings, expositions, conferences, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences – either staff or client.
- Ability to conduct client, supplier, and company relationships with high degree of integrity and professionalism in a supportive, respectful manner.
- Self-starter with experience within a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Collaborative work-style. This position requires a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside clients and internal staff.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate just as clearly in copy as you do in person – you are concise, accurate, and effective. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills.
- Inquisitive and willing to take initiative. You like learning new things and like to collect and share information. You also don’t wait for things to happen – you initiate action and make things happen.
- Strong project management skills. You have proven project management and organizational skills and are able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at a time. You know that important campaigns have deadlines that need to be met, and you are able to prioritize your work to make it happen.
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Priority management. You switch from long range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, cell phone reimbursement $50 / month, optional flex-spending account, 401K, and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PS – Sourcing Manger / 2019” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.