Sourcing Manager – Remote Work Opportunity
Production Solutions is an industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We believe breakthrough results come from inspired people, ambitious thinking, impeccable service, and a spirit of working together. We listen, understand, strategize, create, and execute direct mail campaigns within annual fundraising programs. We are bold and resourceful, solving problems and husting for our clients, and each other are what we love to do. Conveniently located close to Tyson’s Corner, you can work from our office or embrace our strong, collaborative, telecommuting culture. Either way, the result is the same – a challenging and rewarding career with an employer who genuinely cares, and a leadership team that drives the company towards an even brighter and more exciting future.
Reporting to the Director of Resource and Postal Affairs, you will play a key role in building competitive solutions for new and existing client production proposals. You will research innovative formats and test new package ideas in a position that encourages and supports creative solutions. Acting as an internal resource for operations topics such as supplier management, commodity tracking, and postal affairs, you will use your knowledge of USPS regulations and direct mail fundraising concepts. Success in this role will require you to effectively collaborate across internal teams, and build strong, trusting relationships with our clients.
Working on multiple projects, you will you expertly manage your internal and external client needs, averting preventable issues, problem-solving, and working under pressure. We need you to think strategically while understanding the ‘big picture’ vision for the department and companywide. We will give you the tools and resources necessary to succeed as you work with a manager who is an expert in their field and a great mentor.
- Produce Budgets and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Business Development and Production for prospective and existing client Direct Mail programs. Receive and Vet Requests, Review Supplier Capabilities, and Gather Pricing, Prepare Sourcing Strategies and pass off to Production at the execution level. Proactively identify and present additional production solutions on economic formats to drive cost efficiencies.
- Lead key projects to support organizational KPI’s and initiatives.
- Research innovative formats and new/test package ideas for Production, Client Strategy, and Business Development teams. Work closely with suppliers and internal teams to bring creative formats and solutions to the table that are production-ready.
- Serve as a resource on Supplier Viability Management, Postal Affairs, and Mail Tracking topics.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Production on package design and sourcing strategies. Partner with these teams on resolutions around print quality, pricing, and scheduling.
- Research and help qualify new vendors to fill capacity needs, discover innovative formats, new package designs, and production capabilities. Assist with new vendor onboarding, which includes kick-off meetings and pricing confirmations.
- Train new Production Account Management Staff when they first join our organization.
- Monitor industry market and commodity pricing.
- Support proprietary bidding program operations and functions.
- Support internal communications from the Resource Team. Manage the Resource documents on Common Locations (Public Folders and Intranet).
- Research target markets, emerging markets, industry news, and opportunities related to the direct mail industry and fit our Company type.
- If needed, assist with Production press approvals – following established QCs and SOPs.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and/or coursework in Direct Mail/Marketing/Production/Postal Topics to ensure industry knowledge.
- Attend internal meetings as scheduled.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (business, marketing, communications, graphic arts, print production management); minimum 4-7 years prior client-based experience in direct mail/marketing industry with a comprehensive understanding of the printing and mailshop industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience estimating and/or bidding experience.
- Working knowledge of USPS regulations for direct mail products and services strongly preferred. Knowledge of postal logistics and consolidation methods a plus.
- Excellent writing skills; prior experience in responding to quote requests and creating RFPs.
- Working knowledge of direct mail fundraising concepts and production terminology.
- Working knowledge in design, composition, print art, and digital art, preferred.
- Working knowledge in printing methods, data processing, personalization, mail shop operations, and equipment.
- Specific computer skills, including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery, including printers, scanners, and copiers.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and data manipulation software used by clients and suppliers, preferred but not required.
- Superior customer/client service and vendor relations skills with a focus on tact, diplomacy, and rapport building.
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Excellent project planning and problem-solving skills; ability to set milestones and administer an action plan.
- Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external appearances during meetings, expositions, conferences, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences – either staff or client.
- Ability to conduct client, supplier, and company relationships with a high degree of integrity and professionalism in a supportive, respectful manner.
- Self-starter with experience within a fast-paced, high energy environment.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training and learning programs.
- You will have the option to work from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Northern Virginia (currently closed due to Covid) or work remotely.
- This is an outstanding opportunity to learn from a manager who is an expert in their field.
- This is a challenging, rewarding role with potential for professional growth.
- We want you to succeed. You’ll have lots of support – we work in close-knit teams where everyone will pitch in and help each other.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, 11 paid holidays, ten days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at the beginning of the third year), option to carry five vacation days over per calendar year, eight days sick allowance, two personal days, a day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
LA Associates, and Production Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment